Saturday, August 10, 2013

Renee Heywood on her favorite school concert



Renee Heywood (from Canton): Writing about Colegio San Marcos
What made San Marcos special to you?
San Marcos was the first primary and secondary school we performed at. The San Marcos kids joined us in the concert.  The secondary kids sang us an ‘80s mash-up, which is one or two more songs combined into one song. The primary school sang two Beatles’ songs. I felt that it was special that they already prepared for us by singing us a song or two that they have been working on.
The kids were very friendly and I hope we keep in touch with them. Also, because they knew English very well, it was easier to communicate with them.

Who did you meet there? Why did you like them?
I met a girl named Malu (I think that is how you spell her name) and she is has a wonderful voice. She and I were talking about sports, internet websites, we sang the Cup Song from Pitch Perfect, and we just wanted to get to know each other.

Did you learn any Spanish?
I learnt how to say “orange” which is “naranja,” “hamburger” which is “hamburguesa,” and I learned about these cookies we had with are called galletas Alfor. Galletas Alfor are two soft cookies with dulce de leche in the middle, sort of like an Oreo cookie. Delicioso!

1 comment: